What is H-4 Visa?
- H-4 visa holders are immediate family members of H-1B visa holders.
- Most H-4 visa holders are spouses who want to join their partner in a new country.
- They enjoy many of the benefits of living in the United States, but some limitations exist. That’s why an H-1B visa is better.
Rights of an H-4 Visa Holder?
- They can live in the United States on a continuous basis.
- They can also travel to and from the country as needed.
- H-4 visa holders can either join their spouse immediately or choose to move to America at a later date.
- They also have the right to attend college in the United States and may even enjoy discounted tuition.
Who Qualifies for an H-4 Visa?
- The only people who qualify are dependents. In the United States, those people are spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21.
How Long Does an H-4 Visa Last?
- No official termination date exists for an H-4 visa.
- Instead, the holder of the primary visa, the H-1B, will determine length of stay. When that visa expires, both the H-1B and H-4 holders are no longer eligible for American residency.