- Recently Uttrakhand opened its biggest biodiversity park in Haldwani on the World Environment Day(5th June).
About the Haldwani Bio-Diversity Park
- The Park has 40 unique sections having 479 rare plant species of cactus, medicinal herbs, different types of trees, etc.
- The various species of plants have been brought to the park from diverse terrains like Niti Mana Valley and even from some glaciers around Kedarnath.
- Niti Mana Valley is located near the India Tibetan Border in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
- The plant species in the biodiversity park is divided into spiritual & religious, scientific, human health, and aesthetic value sections.
- The spiritual section has trees that find mention in holy scriptures like Guru Granth Sahib, Quran, Bible, and others.
- It showcases the different kinds of soil found in various topographies of Uttarakhand — alpine, bhabhar, sub-mountainous, mountainous, tertiary, loam, terai.