- The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned two new projects under Heritage and North East Circuits of Swadesh Dashan Scheme in Punjab and Tripura.
- Under Heritage Circuit in the state of Punjab, the project covers sites of Anandpur Sahib – Fatehgarh Sahib – Chamkaur Sahib – Ferozpur – Amritsar – Khatkar Kalan – Kalanour – Patiala.
- The project includes development of Jallianwala Bagh in Amritsar, development of Tourist Infrastructure and Heritage Path at Anandpur Sahib,development of Tourist Infrastructure at Fatehgarh Sahib covering sites of Samadhi of Shahid Uddham Singhji, Jajah Haveli of Divan Todar Mal, Mir Miran Tomb, Sadna Kasai Tomb etc. , Development of Chamkaur Sahib , Development of Hussainiwala Border in Ferozepur, Development of Khatkar Kalan, Kalanaour and Patiala.
- Under North East Circuit in Tripura, the sites of Surma Cherra- Unakoti- Jampui Hills- Gunabati-Bhunaneshwari- Matabari- Neermahal- Boxanagar- Chotta khola- Pilak- Avangchaarra are covered
- The project envisaged infrastructural development of the sites with special emphasis on developing an Interpretation Centre, Tourist Visitor Centres, Cafeteria, Last Mile Connectivity, Illumination of sites and monuments, Wayside Amenities, Floating Jetties, Camping Grounds, Parking Facilities, Adventure Activities, Ghat Development at above sites.