Skip to content
- It is a space exploration probe mission to Mars.
- Set to be launched by the United Arab Emirates in 2020.
- It will become the first mission to Mars by any Arab or Muslim country upon its launch.
- The mission was announced in July 2014.
- This spacecraft orbiter is a planned uncrewed mission to Mars by the United Arab Emirates to study the Martian atmosphere and climate.
- The mission is being carried out by a team composed solely of Emirati engineers.
- The probe has been named Hope probe or ‘Al-Amal’ and it is scheduled to reach Mars in 2021.
- The Hope probe will be compact and hexagonal in shape and structure, with a mass of approximately 1,500 kg (3,300 lb) including fuel.
- The launch will coincide with the 50th anniversary of the United Arab Emirates’ formation.
error: Content is Protected !!