- The Union Home Minister inaugurated the hugely popular Hornbill Festival 2018 in Kohima, coinciding with the Formation Day of Nagaland.
Synopsis from PIB:
- Nearly 50% of Nagaland population is below 25 years.
- Nagaland is geographically located at a vantage point. It is the gateway to the South-East Asia. North-East is the pivot of our Government’s ‘Act East’ policy.
- Today, we are at the best of relations with our neighbour Myanmar.
- On the bedrock of our shared cultural and civilizational linkages with Myanmar, we have also a large spectrum of shared interests.
- Government of India is determined to build and improve our connectivity and engagement with South-East Asia.
- Today, India and ASEAN are partners in growth.
- The story of this growth will be written by our youths of the North-East region. Central government has opened a bright new chapter in the growth story of North-East region.
- It is heartening to know that development of a four-lane road, the main artery from Dimapur to the State Capital Kohima, which was promised by the then Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji, is in full swing and it will be completed soon.
- With remarkable restoration of peace, North-East is emerging as a favoured destination of businesses and tourists.
- The police and the tourism department of Nagaland Government have started the Tourist Police.