- Recently Maharashtra’s Chief Minister and Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology, launched an Integrated Flood Warning System called ‘IFLOWS-Mumbai’.
- Mumbai is only the second city in the country after Chennai to get this system.
What is ‘IFLOWS-Mumbai’?
- a monitoring and flood warning system
- able to relay alerts of possible flood-prone areas anywhere between six to 72 hours in advance
- The system has provisions to capture the urban drainage within the city and predict the areas of flooding.
Provide all information regarding possible flood-prone areas like the
1.height the floodwater could attain,
2.location-wise problem areas
3.calculate the vulnerability and
4.risk of elements exposed to flood.