- India was ranked 4th in the Global Wind Power Installed Capacity Index. The cumulative installed wind power generation capacity of India is 25088 MW.
- The Index was topped by China, followed by USA and Germany. The cumulative installed wind power generation capacity of China is 145362 MW.
- The cumulative installed wind power generation capacity of the USA is 74471 MW and that of Germany is 44947 MW.
- The ranking were released on 19 December 2016 in the Global Wind Report: Annual Market update, which was launched by the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC).
India and its wind power capacity
- In 2015-2016, India installed 31472 solar pumps, which is higher than the total number of pumps installed during last 24 years. As of 31 October 2016, 92305 solar pumps have been installed in the country.
- During 2016-2017, 51 MW installations of biomass power plants were achieved against a target of 400 MW.
- During 2016-17, against a target of 1.00 lakh biogas plants, 0.26 lakh biogas plant installations have been achieved, making a cumulative achievement to 4.94 million biogas plants as of 31 October 2016.