The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare for Signing of an Agreement between India and Kyrgyzstan on cooperation in the field of agriculture and food related industry.
The proposed agreement between India and Kyrgyzstan covers various activities in the field of
- agriculture and allied sector including but not restricted to areas such as exchange of information and experience in the field of research;
- animal breeding,
- Avian Influenza and Food & Mouth Disease (FMD);
- veterinary medicine;
- plant growing, production of seeds based on modern technology, certification of seed; introduction of different types of irrigation, &
- establishing Indian Pilot Project;
- information technology on efficient use of food processing and packaging technology.
Apart from exchange of information, the MOU also provided for cooperation in the field of
- protection of plant variety rights;
- agricultural, food trade and horticulture;
- agricultural research & education, horticultural research & education and food safety and standards;
- aquaculture and fisheries, etc.
The Agreement provides for constitution of a Joint Working Group comprising of representatives from both countries which shall prepare plans of cooperation, provide solutions to the problems arising during the implementation of this Agreement and implementation of tasks determined by the Parties.