- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister has approved the Agreement between India and Morocco on Mutual Legal Assistance in Civil and Commercial Matters.
- Service of summons and other judicial documents or processes;
- taking of evidence in civil matters;
- production, identification or examination of documents, recordings;
- The execution of a Letter of Request for taking of evidence in civil matters; and
- Recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards.
- The Agreement will be beneficial for the citizens of both the countries. It will also fulfill the desire of both the countries to strengthen the bonds of friendship and fruitful cooperation in the Civil and Commercial matters, which is the spirit, essence and language of the agreement.This agreement between India and Morocco will enhance co-operation in the service of summons, judicial documents, letters of request and the execution of judgments decrees and arbitral awards.
- Ties of India and African countries are from pre-independence era. India and Morocco have enjoyed cordial and friendly relations and over the years bilateral relations have witnessed significant depth and growth. Both nations are part of the Non-Aligned Movement.
- In the United Nations, India supported the decolonization of Morocco and the Moroccan freedom movement. India recognized Morocco on June 20, 1956 and established relations in 1957.
- India believes in the necessity of enhancing the domain of mutual co-operation with Morocco and realizing the importance of broadening the aspects of cooperation between both the countries in Civil and Commercial Matters.