Recently, The Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles, launched the Free Trade Agreement negotiations with the United Kingdom.
About India and UK FTA
- The India and UK FTA is expected to facilitate the target of doubling bilateral trade between India and United Kingdom by 2030.
- The FTA with UK is expected to provide certainty, predictability and transparency and will create a more liberal, facilitative and competitive services regime.
- The FTA negotiations with the UK is expected to increase our exports in Leather, Textile, Jewellery and processed Agri products.
- India is also expected to register a quantum jump in the export of Marine Products through the recognition of 56 marine units of India.
- The Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs) on Pharma could provide additional market access.
- There is also great potential for increasing exports in service sectors like IT/ITES, Nursing, education, healthcare, including AYUSH and audio-visual services.
- India would also be seeking special arrangements for movement of its people,
- India-UK FTA will also contribute in integrating value chains and help augment our mutual efforts to strengthen the resilience of supply chains.
- It was also agreed to explore during the FTA negotiations, the possibility of an Interim Agreement to provide quick gains for benefitting businesses in both nations.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join