- In a strategic move to expand its footprint in the Indian Ocean region, India has secured access to the key Port of Duqm in Oman for military use and logistical support.
- This is part of India’s maritime strategy to counter Chinese influence and activities in the region.
- The services of Duqm port and dry dock will be available for maintenance of Indian military vessels.
About Port Duqm
- The Port of Duqm is situated on the southeastern seaboard of Oman, overlooking the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean.
- It is strategically located, in close proximity to the Chabahar port in Iran.
Other Projects by India
- Assumption Island- in Seychelles
- Agalega Islands- in Mauritius