- India today offered the secure ICT products to ASEAN countries at competitive costs and also renewed its pledge to share “know how” and “know Why” as New Delhi is willing to provide long-term financing for buying Indian telecom products and services.In the event organized to commemorate the 25th year of the ASEAN-India relations, the Minister urged the participating countries to ensure that Indian telecom products and services should become their number one choice as they accelerate the digital connectivity initiatives.
- the potential of partnership between India and ASEAN is indeed huge and specific areas like GSM, broadband, e-education, tele-medicine, disaster management and capacity building can be explored in a win-win fashion.
- Indian telecom products and designs are more affordable, durable and competitive and Indian companies can also provide services in the most difficult areas.
- India has already committed to provide financial as well as technological support for projects that could include-high-speed fibre optic networks, digital villages, rural broadband, national knowledge network, secured communication networks and telecom training and skill development.
Importance for India:
- Enhancing connectivity with ASEAN is a priority for India and this should not only be geographic and physical, but also institutional, digital, economic and socio-cultural.