- Recently the Union Science Ministry’s communication wing, Vigyan Prasar, has launched the India Science Technology and Innovation portal that can help with such queries.
- The portal can be queried for information about the organisations carrying out research, those funding them, international collaborations, the scientists involved in the research, the states in which they are being carried out, their achievements and impact.
- There is also a compilation of technologies developed in India, the organisations that have developed these technologies, those that have funded them and the status of the technologies.
- A major thrust of the portal is to reach out to students, researchers, scholars, scientists both from India and abroad, so that they can choose from the mine of fellowships, scholarships and funding and startup opportunities that India puts on their plate.
- The portal follows a launch of India Science ( indiascience.in ), an Internet-based science channel, to showcase the developments in science and technology in India.
- Both the portal and the channel are part of a push by the Science Ministry to improve its public outreach.