The first ever commemorative postage stamps were released by India and Vietnam on the theme of ancient architecture to mark their long-term friendly relationship.
- This is a symbol of strong friendship between the two countries.
- It was released in an event in New Delhi on 25th January 2018.
- The two set of stamps released carry picture of Sanchi Stupa and Thien Mu Pagoda.
- These two stamps are designed by artists from both India and Vietnam.
- Sanchi Stupa (India) and Thien Mu Pagoda from Vietnam are symbols of the traditional and historical value of the people.
About Sanchi Stupa:
- The Great Stupa at Sanchi is one of the oldest stone structures in India. It was originally commissioned by emperor Ashoka in the 3rd century BCE.
- It is located on a hilltop at Sanchi Town in Raisen District of the State of Madhya Pradesh, India.
About Thien Mu Pagoda:
- It is also known as the Pagoda of the Celestial Lady and Linh Mụ Pagoda.
- It is a historic temple in the city of Hue in Vietnam.
- It is located in the northern province of Nam Dinh. Its iconic seven-storey pagoda is regarded as the unofficial symbol of the city.
- It was built in 1601 following the orders of the first Nguyen lords, Nguyen Hoang.
- In 1665, major construction was undertaken by the Nguyen Lord Nguyen Phuc Tan.
- It includes 14 storeys, which were carved into the shape of flowers, waves and clouds.
Source: PIB & Wikipedia