Recently, Chief Justice of India NV Ramana launched a mobile app to enable journalists to report virtual proceedings without having to visit court premises amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
The CJI also launched a new feature in the Supreme Court’s official website called ‘Indicative Notes’, aimed at providing concise summaries of landmark judgments in an easy-to-understand format.
About Indicative Notes & Role of Media
- The CJI said that public access to court hearings was crucial as the rulings had an impact on the lives of the people across the country.
- “Transparency is a fundamental principle of our legal framework. Hearings have always been held in open courtrooms, with the public invited to participate.
- The role of the media assumes importance in the process of disseminating information.
- This will serve as a useful resource for media persons and the general public who wish to be better informed about the rulings of the court.
- The CJI also mentioned that the apex court was considering the logistics of live-streaming court proceedings on a trial basis and hinted that the video-conferencing mode was a “temporary arrangement for now but could become permanent”.
Constitution and Polity Current Affairs : Click Here
For Constitution and Polity Basic Notes : Click Here
Indian Polity by M.Laxmikanth (Latest /6th Edition) Summary Notes : Download Here