- Recently the Union Health Ministry did soft-launch of the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) segment of Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) in seven states today.
About Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP)
- IHIP is real time, village-wise, case based electronic health information system with GIS tagging which will help in prompt prevention and control of epidemic prone diseases.
- The initiative will provide near-real-time data to policy makers for detecting outbreaks, reducing the morbidity and mortality and lessening disease burden in the populations and better health systems.
- The primary objective of IHIP is to enable the creation of standards compliant Electronic Health Records (EHRs) of the citizens on a pan-India basis.
- The EHRs aims to build a comprehensive Health Information Exchange (HIE) as part of this centralized accessible platform.
- The success of this platform will depend primarily on the quality of data shared by the states.
- For effective implementation of the platform, 32,000 people at the block level, 13,000 at the district level and 900 at the state level have been trained.