Recently, the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP).
Key Details of Integrated Health Information Platform
- The Integrated Health Information Platform is the next generation highly refined version of the presently used Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP).
- India is the first country in the world to adopt such an advanced disease surveillance system.
- The new version of IHIP will house the data entry and management for India’s disease surveillance program.
- In addition to tracking 33 diseases now as compared to the earlier 18 diseases, it shall ensure near-real-time data in digital mode, having done away with the paper-mode of working”.
- The key features of Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP)
- Real time data reporting (along through mobile application); accessible at all levels (from villages, states and central level)
- Advanced data modelling & analytical tools
- GIS enabled Graphical representation of data into integrated dashboard
- Role & hierarchy-based feedback & alert mechanisms
- Geo-tagging of reporting health facilities
- Scope for data integration with other health programs
Significance of Integrated Health Information Platform
- The refined IHIP with automated -data will help in a big way in real time data collection, aggregation & further analysis of data that will aid and enable evidence-based policy making.
- IHIP will provide health information system developed for real time, case-based information, integrated analytics, advanced visualization capability.
- It will provide analyzed reports on mobile or other electronic devices.
- In addition, outbreak investigation activities can be initiated and monitored electronically.
- It can easily be integrated with other ongoing surveillance program, while having the feature of addition of special surveillance modules.
- With IHIP, collection of authentic data will become easy as it comes directly from the village/block level; the last mile from the country.
- With its implementation, we are fast marching towards Atma Nirbha Bharat in healthcare through use of technology.
Social Justice Current Affairs : Click here