The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has launched the Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) in 57 Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) throughout India.
About Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP)
- This flagship initiative is launched under NEP 2020 and aims to equip teachers with 21st-century global standards to shape the future of New India.
- The course offers a 4-year dual-major undergraduate degree program that prepares teachers for the four stages of the new school structure.
- It is a 4 Year dual-major holistic undergraduate degree offering B.A. B.Ed./ B. Sc. B. Ed. and B.Com. B.Ed. This course will prepare teachers for the 4 stages of the new school structure i.e. Foundational, Preparatory, Middle and Secondary (5+3+3+4). The programme is being offered in pilot mode initially in reputed Central/State Government Universities/Institutions.
- ITEP will be available for all students who choose teaching as a profession after Secondary, by choice.
- This integrated course will benefit students since they will save one year by finishing the course in 4 years rather than the customary 5 years required by the present B.Ed. plan.
- Admission for the same will be carried out by the National Testing Agency (NTA) through the National Common Entrance Test (NCET).
Aims and Objectives of ITEP
- ITEP will not only impart cutting-edge pedagogy but will also establish a foundation in early childhood care and education (ECCE), foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN), inclusive education and an understanding of India and its values/ethos/art/traditions, among others.
- The course will contribute substantially to the revitalization of the whole teacher education sector.
- The prospective teachers passing out of this course through a multi-disciplinary environment, grounded in Indian values and traditions will be instilled with the needs of 21st century global standards and, hence, will be the harbingers in shaping the future of New India.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join