- Recently Senior lawmakers from eight democracies including the United States have united to counter Communist China launched, Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China (IPAC).
About the Alliance
- It is “an international cross-party group of legislators working towards reform on how democratic countries approach China”.
- it stands for “a free, open, and rules-based international order that supports human dignity is created and maintained through intention” adding that the “persistence of such an order requires like-minded countries to participate actively in its governance and enforcement.”
- Countries part of this coalition includes the US, Germany, UK, Japan, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Norway, as well as members of the European parliament.
- It is Comprised of legislators from eight democracies it will be led by a group of co-chairs “who are senior politicians drawn from a representative cross-section of the world’s major political parties.”