- Three days International Conference on the VISION ZERO and its relevance to Occupational Safety and Health, is being held from 15th to 17th, March 2017 in New Delhi.
- It is organized by Directorate General Factory Advice and Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Government of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment and German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV), Germany in association with International Social Security Association – Manufacturing, Construction and Mining.
- The concept of ‘Vision Zero’ is fast gaining international acceptance and is expected to leverage the efforts of the Government of India to raise the occupational safety and health standards in the country so as to improve the occupational safety and health situation.
- The participants attending the conference from various sectors across a wide variety of industries are expected to be benefitted by the common platform provided by the conference through sharing of best practices both nationally and internationally.
- On the other hand, the international community will get an appraisal of the occupational safety and health status in India thereby exposing the Indian industrial occupational safety and health scenario to the international community.