- Recently, the Jal Shakti Ministry has announced that the labourers returning to their home states due to covid-19, will be deployed for the Jal Jeevan Mission.
About the Mission
- The Jal Jeevan Mission aims for providing piped drinking water to all rural households by 2024.
- The Jal Shakti Ministry is the nodal ministry for the implementation of the scheme.
- Envisages supply of 55 litres of water per person per day to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) by 2024.
- focuses on integrated demand and supply-side management of water at the local level.
- Based on a community approach to water and includes extensive Information, Education and Communication as a key component of the mission.
- Create a Jan andolan for water, thereby making it everyone’s priority.
- The fund sharing pattern between the Centre and states is 90:10 for Himalayan and North-Eastern States, 50:50 for other states, and 100% for Union Territories.