- The student – scientist connect programme “Jigyasa” has been officially launched in New Delhi.
- The Jigyasa programme is inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of a new India and Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR) of Scientific Community and Institutions.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), has joined hands with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) to implement this programme.
- The focus of this scheme is on connecting school students and scientists so as to extend student’s classroom learning with well planned research laboratory based learning.
Jigyasa – Introduction
- “JIGYASA” is one of the major initiatives taken up by CSIR at national level for further widening and deepening its Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR).
- On the one hand, this programme would explain the culture of curiousness and scientific nature on the other.
- The program will also enable the students and teachers to practically live the theoretical concepts taught in science by visiting CSIR laboratories and by participating in projects.
- The programme is expected to connect 1151 Kendriya Vidyalayas with 38 National Laboratories of CSIR targeting 100,000 students and nearly 1000 teachers annually.