The Andhra Pradesh Forest Department is initiating a series of measures to develop Kambalakonda Wildlife Sanctuary.
About Kambalakonda Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sounds of noisy crickets of the forest fade off while the chirrup of birds tune in at the same time at dawn.
- As a group of trekkers steps into the Kambalakonda Wildlife Sanctuary located in the heart of Visakhapatnam, they are greeted by a herd of spotted deer staring right at them — super vigilant, ears pointed right up.
- Bordered by Simhachalam hill range on the West and Gambheeram reservoir on the North-east, the sanctuary is a tropical deciduous forest with a canopy of tree cover of mixed composition along with scrubland and meadows.
- The sanctuary holds a good number of faunal diversity including aves, reptiles and mammals.
- People from the village of Sambhuvanipalem located within the forest area are employed by the forest department to manage the eco-tourism park
- The sanctuary has a dry evergreen forest mixed with scrub and meadows.
- The terrain is hilly with steep slopes.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join