Skip to content
- The Kerala Government is seeking the Union Government’s permission to use antlers of spotted deer and sambar to make Ayurvedic medicines.
- It is believed that antlers have medicinal values and are mainly used for invigorating spleen, strengthening bones/muscles and boosting blood flow.
- The Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, has included antler in the definition of wildlife trophy that may be whole or any part of any captive animal or wild animal.
- Section 39 of the Act prohibits person from acquiring or keeping trophies in his possession without the previous permission of Chief Wildlife Warden or the authorised officer.
- Antlers are the extensions of the deer’s skull.
Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)
error: Content is Protected !!