- Recently, the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has launched Helpline Number ‘KIRAN’.
About KIRAN Helpline Number
- toll-free helpline number to enable access to mental health resources.
- The “Kiran” mental health rehabilitation helpline number, 1800-599-0019, will provide callers support for early screening, first-aid, psychological support, distress management, mental well-being, preventing deviant behaviours and psychological crisis management.
- resolve issues of people across the country experiencing stress, anxiety, depression, panic attack, adjustment disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse, suicidal thoughts, pandemic-induced psychological issues and mental health emergency.
- three-level mechanism of support through:
- location-based helpline centre;
- rehabilitation/clinical psychologists/psychiatrists; and
- follow-up and support will be extended at the third level.
- The 13 languages covered in the helpline are: Hindi, Assamese, Tamil, Marathi, Odia, Telugu, Malayalam, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kannada, Bengali, Urdu and English.
Source: The Hindu