- Under the Digital India initiative of Government of India, Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) aims to develop a World-Class Knowledge Resource Centre Network (KRCNet).
- It will be a single point entry to the intellectual world of Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
More details about KRCNet
- The resources and services of MoES system will be accessible 24X7 through a one-point dynamic, updated and integrated KRCNet portal.
- KRCNet will establish a Total Quality Management (TQM) system by securing ISO certification for documenting MoES knowledge resources, its maintenance, easy retrieval, and dissemination.
- The network will collect, collate, analyze, index, store and disseminate the intellectual resources, products and project outputs available in MoES headquarter and its institutes.
- It will develop and maintain an up-to-date meta-data of the print & digital resources available in MoES headquarter and MoES institutes, including MoES services.
- KRCNet aims to provide 24X7 access to the ssubscribed knowledge contents through the KRCNet portal.
- It will be used in the application of information-analytical tools & techniques like bibliometrics, scientometrics, big-data analytics, social media analytics, etc., for policy formulation, report preparation, and information dissemination.
- It will periodically organize training workshops to popularize the usage of electronic journals, databases, digital products, data analytics, etc.