- Kondapalli toy makers claim that, though platforms such as Lepakshi, Amazon and MyStateBazaar endorse the products promoting the craft, such a promotion has barely helped them in their sustenance.
- Kondapalli Toys are the toys made of wood in Kondapalli of Krishna district, a village nearby Vijayawada in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Bommala Colonytranslates to Toys Colony in Kondapalli is the place where the art of crafting takes place.
- These toys have received a Geographical Indication Tag.
- These toys are one of the variety of toys assembled in the houses during the festivals of Sankranti and Navratri and is referred as “Bommala Koluvu”.
- The art of crafting is a 400 year old tradition.
- The artisans who make the toys are referred as Aryakhastriyas, who have their mention in the Brahmanda Purana.
- They are said to have migrated from Rajasthan in the 16th century to Kondappali and claims their origin to Muktharishi, a sage endowed with skills in arts and crafts by Lord Shiva.