Skip to content
- Laboratory for the Conservation of Endangered Species (LaCONES), is a Council of Scientific and Industrial Research lab located in Hyderabad.
- It is India’s only research facility engaged in conservation and preservation of wildlife and its resources.
- Effective conservation measures include both in-situ habitat preservation, species protection and ex-situ conservation.
- Project LaCONES was established in 1998 with the help of
- Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India
- Central Zoo Authority of India (CZA), New Delhi
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi
- Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- The laboratory was itself established in 2007.
- This lab would strive to promote excellence in conservation biotechnology and serve for conservation of endangered wildlife in India.
- It is a part of CCMB (centre for cellular and molecular biology).
- India’s 1st genetic bank for wildlife conservation NWGRB (National Wildlife Genetic Resource Bank) was established by the Government in LaCONES.
error: Content is Protected !!