- The Madhya Pradesh government has given an “in principle” nod to translocate three pairs of tigers to Odisha’s Satkosia Tiger Reserve (STR).
- The six tigers are likely to be translocated by March-end, as the All India Tiger Estimation (AITE) 2018 is currently under way in the State.
- The genetic make-up of tigers in STR was similar to that of the Bandhavgarh and Kanha Tiger Reserve in M.P.
- There has been evidences of a tiger corridor between M.P. and Odisha.
- It is expected that the tigers of M.P. would easily adopt new climate of Odisha.