- India is relatively a new entrant in the Global Convention business. Most of the Convention business in India is generated from the domestic market and as per the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) Report 2015; India ranks 31st worldwide as a convention destination.
- In Asia Pacific & Middle East, India ranks at number 7.
- The India Convention Promotion Bureau (ICPB) has been set up under the patronage of the Ministry of Tourism to promote India as a venue for International Conferences and Exhibitions. This non-profit organization, with members comprising national airlines, hotels, travel agents, tour operators, tourist transport operators, conference organizers, etc. participate in International MICE Tourism trade fairs like IMEX in Frankfurt and Las Vegas, EIBTM- Barcelona and AIME- Melbourne along with the Indiatourism overseas offices.
- India is also being promoted as a preferred Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) destination through the Global Incredible India media campaign and through Road Shows and Seminars conducted by the Indiatourism offices overseas.
- Ministry of Tourism also provides Central Financial Assistance for setting up of Conventions Centres as part of the scheme for Large Revenue Generating projects.