- The “National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building” (NPCSCB) has been approved by the Government on 2nd September,2020 providing the following Institutional Framework for civil service capacity building:
- Prime Minister’s Public Human Resource Council (PMHRC);
- Cabinet Secretariat Coordination Unit;
- Capacity Building Commission;
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV); and
- Programme Management Unit (PMU) to provide program management and support services.
The Technical digital learning platform of Mission Karmayogi has become functional in pre-production (experimental) stage on which various types of learning courses are being uploaded by the Central and other training institutions. Ministries and Departments implementing important National flagships programs and projects have been requested to develop ‘e-content’ in respect of their programs and projects.
- To provide strategic direction to civil service reforms and capacity building;
- Preparation of annual capacity building plans;
- To strengthen functional supervision over training institutions;
- To provide a digital learning platform providing best in class learning content.
- Improved availability of trained workforce for effective citizen centric delivery;
- Enabling data-driven decisions for training personnel management
- Increased transparency and accountability in governance.
Besides the NPCSCB, the Government is currently implementing following schemes namely-
- Training for All Scheme with an objective of capacity building of all government officials at National and State level.
- Domestic Funding of Foreign Training (DFFT) scheme provides for short term and long-term training courses abroad through training courses at the best international institutions.
- Funding and supporting Foundational & Mid-Career training of civil servants through Central Training Institutions.
For Governance Related Current Affairs: Click Here
For Constitution and Polity Current Affairs: Click Here