- India and Myanmar are set to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the conservation of earthquake-damaged pagodas at Bagan.
- This is during Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s visit to Myanmar.
- The cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Myanmar for the conservation of earthquake-damaged pagodas at Bagan, Myanmar.
- Began is a renowned tourist attraction of Myanmar.
- India’s role in rebuilding damaged pagodas at Began will be an opportunity to showcase India’s expertise in the restoration and conservation of monuments not only to the people of Myanmar but also tourists from other countries.
- The MoU will be signed during the visit of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Myanmar on September 6-7, 2017.
- This will further strengthen India’s enduring ties with Myanmar, in culture and religion.
- Prime Minister’s visit will generate immense goodwill for India among the people of Myanmar due to the religious significance as well as the touristic significance of the project.