- Recently Russia has agreed to assist India to set up National Crisis Management Centre (NCMC) in the country to handle disaster and other emergency situations.
- This was agreed during a meeting between Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Russian Minister for Emergency Situations Vladimir Puchkov in Moscow.
- Both sides agreed that EMERCOM of Russia would cooperate with India in the establishment of the National Crisis Management Centre (NCMC) in India.
- India also reviewed the progress made on the agreement on disaster management signed in 2010.
- The countries also agreed on a programme of training of specialists and sharing of each other’s experiences as well as best practices in the field of Disaster Management.
- The two leaders later signed a joint implementation plan for 2018-19 for cooperation in disaster management.
- They also reviewed the implementation of the agreement on information security signed in October 2016.
- Both sides also welcomed the ongoing cooperation and the regular exchange of visits between the two National Security Councils.