Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture of Public Sector Undertakings under Ministry of Power, launched its groundbreaking National Efficient Cooking Programme (NECP) and Energy Efficient Fans Programme (EEFP).
About National Efficient Cooking Programme and Energy Efficient Fans Programme
- The National Efficient Cooking Programme (NECP) introduces induction-based cook-stoves, offering a cost advantage of 25-30% over traditional cooking methods, promising both energy savings and cost-effective cooking solutions.
- By deploying 20 Lakh Induction cook-stoves across India, EESL seeks to reduce the environmental impact of cooking methods, ensuring cleaner air and improved health for citizens.
- EESL has also partnered with Modern Energy Cooking Services (MECS) for the large-scale deployment of induction cooktops.
- The deployment is expected to accelerate the acceptance and large-scale adoption of modern electric cooking devices in Indian kitchens.
- National Efficient Cooking Programme (NECP) is a subset of the Clean Cooking Scheme.
- NECP focuses on Non-Solar/Electricity-based Induction Cookstoves, aligning with the Go- electric initiative by the Ministry of Power.
- EESL has already initiated efforts to promote clean and safe electric cooking to support India’s Go-electric campaign and contribute to carbon mitigation goals.
- The Energy Efficient Fans Programme (EEFP) focuses on deploying energy-efficient BLDC fans, with the goal of distributing 1 crore ceiling fans.
- These initiatives not only reduce energy consumption and environmental impact, but also enhances consumer comfort while lowering electricity bills, creating a win-win situation for all.
- The program for deploying one crore ceiling fans was initiated during the G20 Energy Transitions Working Group in Goa in July 2023.
- In continuation of this, EESL is inviting the first bid of 20 lakh fans, under a programme titled Energy Efficient Fans Programme (EEFP).
Back to Basics
About Energy Efficiency Services Limited
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), operating under the Ministry of Power, is a leading Energy Service Company.
- Their portfolio encompasses energy-efficient products like LED bulbs, tube lights, fans, air conditioners, streetlights, and electric vehicles.
- EESL’s transparent procurement processes, overseen by CVC, have enabled them to distribute millions of these products, resulting in substantial energy savings, reduced peak demand, and greenhouse gas emissions.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join