- NMEEE seeks to strengthen the market for energy efficiency by creating conducive regulatory and policy regime.
- NMEEE has been envisaged to foster innovative and sustainable business models to the energy efficiency sector.
- The NMEEE seeks to create and sustain markets for energy efficiency in the entire country which will benefit the country and the consumers”.
Initiatives under NMEEE
NMEEE consist of four initiatives to enhance energy efficiency in energy intensive industries which are as follows:
- Perform Achieve and Trade Scheme (PAT) – Implementing a market assisted compliance mechanism to accelerate implementation of cost effective improvements in energy efficiency in large energy-intensive industries
- Market Transformation for Energy Efficiency (MTEE) – Accelerating the shift to energy efficient appliances in specific application through innovative measures to make the products more affordable.
- Energy Efficiency Financing Platform (EEFP) – Facilitating Financial Institutions to invest in Energy Efficiency Projects and Programmes
- Framework for Energy Efficient Economic Development (FEEED) – Developing fiscal instruments to leverage financing for Energy Efficiency through risk mitigation:
- Partial Risk Guarantee Fund for Energy Efficiency (PRGFEE) and
- Venture Capital Fund for Energy Efficiency (VCFEE) to promote energy efficiency
- National Energy Conservation Award and Painting Competition
- BEE – Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- EESL – Energy Efficiency Services Limited