Cabinet approves Establishing India’s First National Rail and Transportation University at Vadodara
· Indian Railways on the path of modernization through widespread technological and infrastructure upgradation
· Contribute to ‘Make in India’ and ‘Skill India’ and help generate large scale employment
· Foster innovative entrepreneurship and support start-up India initiative
· Use of latest pedagogy and technology applications: Envisioned to be a best-in-class institute which will use latest pedagogy and technology applications to provide high-quality education and training.
· India will emerge as a global leader in transportation sector through cutting edge technology and skilled manpower.
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Ministry of Railways’ transformative initiative to set up the first ever National Rail and Transport University (NRTU) in Vadodara to skill its human resources and build capability.
This innovative idea, inspired by the Prime Minister, will be a catalyst for transformation of rail and transport sector towards New India.