- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2016’ efficaciously progressed to its fifth day, after the spectacular triumph of day fourth that showcased breath- taking performances from talented artists of the North Zone Cultural Centre. Today, glorious performances from the East Zone Cultural Centre brought eternal charm to the festival and finely introduced and connected the audience to India’s diverse and rich heritage.
- The festival, organised by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, is a pure blend of various crafts & art forms, regional cuisines & delicacies, power- packed performances and shopping delights that will continue to bring nonstop joy and excitement for the guests till 24th October, 2016 at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA).
Key highlights of the day, presented by the East Zone Cultural Centre (Kolkata):
- BhajGovindam, a choreographed act, dedicated to ShankerDev, Jai Dev, Vidyapati and ChaintanyaDev
- Adivimb, a folk and tribal dance performance
- Purvarag, a traditional music show