- INS Kiltan is an indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette that will be commissioned into the Indian Navy.
- This is the third of the four Kamorta-class corvettes being built under Project 28. The Kamorta-class corvettes are a class of anti-submarine warfare corvettes currently in service with the Indian Navy.
- With a displacement of 3,500 tonnes, the ship spans 109 meters in length and 14 meters at the beam and is propelled by four diesel engines to achieve speed of over 25 knots.
- It is designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house organisation Directorate of Naval Design and built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE) in Kolkata.
- INS Kiltan is the latest indigenous warship after Shivalik Class, Kolkata Class and sister ships INS Kamorta and INS Kadmatt.
- It is the first major warship to have undertaken sea trials of all major weapons and sensors as a pilot project.
- The ship derives its name from one of the islands in Aminidivi group of the Lakshadweep and Minicoy group of islands.