- State-run National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) has installed India’s largest floating Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Plant at Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Plant (RGCCPP) at Kayamkulam in Kerala.
- The 100 kWp floating solar generation plant has been indigenously developed as a part of ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- The Solar panels are mounted on floating boards that hold them in place.
- Installing solar panels in water bodies saves land as well as are more efficient than the ones installed on land.
- The system was installed by Swelect Energy Systems Ltd, Chennai with support from NETRA & NTPC Kayamkulam station in a short span of 22 days.
Source: Economic Times