- The Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) recently passed a resolution to take steps towards Operation Digital Board on the lines of Operation Blackboard of 1987
- Operation Blackboard was started with the purpose of providing minimum basic facilities to all primary schools.
Operation Digital Board:
- The idea of Operation Digital Board is aimed at providing better digital education in all schools
- This will offer new opportunities and new ways of teaching and learning to schools
- Operation Digital Board would be launched with the involvement of the Central and State governments, CSIR and community support
Central Advisory Board of Education:
- The Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) is the highest advisory body to advise the Central and State Governments in the field of education
- The Central Advisory Board of Education, the oldest and the most important advisory body of the Government of India in education was first established in 1920 and dissolved in 1923 as a measure of the economy
- It was revived in 1935 and has been in existence ever since
- The idea that there should be a central Advisory Board of Education was first put forward by the Calcutta University Commission (1917-19)
- Almost simultaneously the Government of India Act, 1919 decided to make education mainly a provincial and a transferred subject and to limit the `control’ of the Central Government over it to the minimum.