Skip to content
- Temples like Srirangam and the Varadaraja temple in Kanchi are governed by the Pancharatra agama.
- Ratra denotes ajnana, and pancha denotes that which destroys ajnana.
- Lord Narayana has five forms — Para, vyuha, vibhava, antaryami and archa — and hence the name Pancharatra.
- Ratra also means jnana (knowledge).
- Jnana is of five types, and this is called artha panchakam.
- Ahirbuddhnya Samhitasays the qualities of the five forms of Vishnu are described in the Pancharatra agamas, and that is why they are so called.
- The Divya Prabandham abounds in pasurams, where Vishnu is referred to as koothan (dancer).
- The Pancharatra Agamas make it clear that dance is an important part of worship in Vishnu temples.
Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)
error: Content is Protected !!