- A Loan agreement and a Guarantee agreement for providing additional funding of Euro 20 million has been signed for the project ‘Pare Hydroelectric Plant’ under Indo-German Bilateral Development Cooperation.
About the Pare Hydroelectric project:
- The Pare Hydro Electric Project (2 x 55 MW) is planned as a run-of-the-river scheme on the Dikrong River in the Papumpare District of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The broad objective of the project is generation of hydroelectric power for socio-economic development of the North Eastern Region.
- The purpose of the project is efficient and ecological friendly generation of electric power.
- This will contribute to the economic efficient generation of power, growth in the North East region and protection of global climate.