- Recently, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between India and Nepal for the construction of a sanitation facility at the Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu.
- The facility will be constructed under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri: Development Partnershipas a high impact community development scheme by India.
- Dedicated to Lord Shiva, Pashupatinath is one of the most important religious sites in Asia for devotees of Shiva.
- It is the largest temple complex in Nepal and stretches on both sides of the Bagmati River.
- Temples dedicated to several other Hindu and Buddhist deities surround the temple of Pashupatinath.
- Only Hindus are allowed through the gates of the main temple.
- It was conferred the status of a World Heritage Sitein 1979 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).