- Devastating wildfires that burned out of control in late 2019 and early 2020 in Brazil’s Pantanal wetland are back.
Back to basics
- Situated in Brazil, it is the world’s largest wetland and biggest tropical wetlands
- vegetation compacted under the marshy flood water
- a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- natural region encompassing the world’s largest tropical wetland area, and the world’s largest flooded grasslands.
- extends into Bolivia and Paraguay
- rich with tapirs, pumas, capybaras and jaguars.