- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi, PM-DAKSH Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from 2020-21.
- A National Action Plan for the marginalized persons of SC, OBC, EBC, DNT, Sanitation workers including waste pickers, manual scavengers, transgenders and other similar categories named ‘Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi’ (DAKSH) Yojana is proposed to be put in place with a multi-pronged strategy to improve the all-round competency and adeptness of and10 lakh persons of these categories over the next four years, beginning with nearly 1.5 lakh youth.
- The Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment has decided to launch ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App.
About PM-DAKSH Yojana
- It is a National Action Plan for the marginalized persons of SC, OBC, EBC, DNT, Safai karamcharies including waste pickers.
- The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJ&E), caters for empowerment of the socially, educationally and economically marginalized sections of the society.
- The focus of the programme would be on providing high quality skills through good quality institutions so that the training can result in finding jobs or self employment ventures.
- The programme also engages with skilling the Safai Karamcharis including Waste Pickers, and Women so that they can engage in self-employment activities.
- It would be implemented by the three Corporations:
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC);
- National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC); and
- National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
Objectives of PM-DAKSH Yojana
- The main purpose is to increase the skill levels of the target youth by providing for long term and short term skills, followed by settlement in employment/self-employment.
- Under PM-DAKSH Yojana, the upgradation would be of the skill/process/design so that the incomes will dramatically increase within their practicing vocations.
- A multi-pronged strategy to enhance the competency level of the target groups and make them employable both in self and wage-employment for their socio-economic development of the following sections of the target group:
- Artisans may improve their revenue generation capacities within their practicing vocations;
- Women may enter into self-employment thereby financially empowering themselves without neglecting their domestic activities; and
- Youth may acquire long-term training and specialization in employable vocations giving them better standing in the job market
Methodology of Implementation of PM-DAKSH Yojana
The DAKSH will be run through an end-to-end IT system that covers the entire ecosystem of the training programmes:
- There will be a DAKSH portal and DAKSH App giving the areas in which training would be imparted.
- The list of training agencies (which are already finalised by the implementing agencies) would be pre-fed into the software.
- The eligible candidates can register for training giving their Aadhaar numbers and specify their area of interest, and also select the institution where he/she would like to take the training.
All candidates who are found suitable based on the qualifications and the aptitude test would be communicated to the Training Provider on the DAKSH portal automatically.
Government Schemes : Click Here
Social Justice: Click Here