The Union Budget 2023-23 has introduced PM PRANAM Scheme (Prime Minister Programme for Restoration, Awareness, Nourishment and Amelioration of Mother Earth)
About PM PRANAM Scheme
- PM PRANAM was launched under the GOBAR Dhan Scheme. GOBAR DHAN is Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan.
- This programme will seek to incentivise states and union territories promoting alternative fertilisers and the balanced use of chemical fertilisers.
- The scheme expressly encourages the use of fewer chemical fertilisers.
- It would encourage the use of alternative nutrients and fertilisers, including natural nutrients.
- In the long run, reducing the use of chemical fertilisers may improve soil quality. It will increase agricultural yield and productivity in India.
- PM-Pranam aims to reduce the use of chemical fertilizers in agriculture and shift to bio-fertilizers.
- The Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers proposed the PM PRANAM. During the National Conference on Agriculture for Rabi Campaign-2022, held on September 2022, officials from the fertilisers ministry shared details of the proposed scheme with state government officials.
- However, the full name of the PM PRANAM was ‘PM Promotion of Alternate Nutrients for Agriculture Management Yojana’ at the time.
About Gobardhan Scheme
- The government wants to establish 500 new “waste to wealth plants” as part of the Gobardhan (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan) Scheme, a scheme for the safe management of organic waste and livestock
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join