- The Ministry of Women and Child Development conducted first National workshop on POSHAN Abhiyaan involving all the States and Union Territories at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi today.
- The Ministry organised the day long workshop with participation from all the states/UTs to provide a complete orientation on the POSHAN Abhiyaan,to explain the key components of the Abhiyaan, to provide handholding in using the softwares involved, and to augment the convergence with the different Ministries involved in implementing the Abhiyaan for improved Nutritional outcomes.
About POSHAN ABHIYAN:
POSHAN Abhiyaan was launched on 8th March 2018 by the Prime Minister in Jhunjhunu.
The Abhiyaan targets to reduce stunting, under-nutrition, anemia (among young children, women and adolescent girls) and reduce low birth weight by 2%, 2%, 3% and 2% per annum respectively.
The target of the mission is to bring down stunting among children in the age group 0-6 years from 38.4% to 25% by 2022.
e-ILA (e-Incremental Learning Approach):
- Launching the five e-ILA (e-Incremental Learning Approach) courses and two ECCE(Early Childhood Care and Education) software modules, Sh.Rakesh Srivastava,Secretary,
- e-ILA is an online system where programme functionaries will become more effective by learning to plan and execute each task correctly and consistently through methodical and ongoing capacity building.
- The purpose of the ECCE module is to guide trainers to train Anganwadi Workers so that they are able to plan and conduct appropriate ECE activities.
Ministry of Women and Child Development has said that the following components will form the pillars of the Mission :
- ICDS-CAS(Common Application Software)
- Behavioural change, IEC Advocacy
- Training and Capacity building
- Grievance Redressal
key Nutrition strategies and interventions :
- IYCF(Infant and Young child feeding)
- Food and Nutrition
- Institutional Delivery
- WASH(Water,Sanitation and Hygiene)
- Food Fortification
- Dietary Diversification
- Adolescent Nutrition
- Maternal Health and Nutrition
- ECD(Early childhood development)/ECCE(Early Childhood care and Education)
- ICT-RTM(Information and Communication. Technology enabled Real Time Monitoring)
- Capacity Building
Convergence between different Ministries will be a crucial aspect in making the mission successful. The convergence hexagon can be depicted as :