- Post-Harvest Festival ‘Thal Favang Kut’ Celebrated in Mizoram The ‘Thal Favang Kut’ festival of Mizoram, which marks the completion of weeding of the farmland by cultivators in the state, was held in Aizawl with enthusiasm and fervor from December 15-17, 2016.
- The three-day festival was organized by the Department of Tourism, Government of Mizoram, and was inaugurated by the
- Mizoram minister for environment, forest and climate change Lalrinmawia Ralte, at Tuirial airfield in Aizawl. It is a post-harvest festival which is celebrated after harvesting the paddy.
- It is celebrated every year to thank the almighty as well as to promote tourism in the state.
- The festival provides an opportunity to people residing in far-flung areas of the state to participate in various events and showcase their talent.
- The Centre had allocated Rs 50 lakh for Mizoram for celebrating two important festivals Thalfavang Kut and the Anthurium fete.
♦ Animal: Serow(Saza)
♦ Bird: Hume’s pheasant
♦ Tree: Indian rose chestnut(Herhse)
♦ Flower: Red Vanda (Senhri)