- Recently, the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has given its nod to 27 projects under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana for development of integrated cold chains and value addition infrastructure in the country.
About Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana
- It is a Central Sector Scheme approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in 2017.
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) is the implementing ministry of the scheme.
- It is a comprehensive package which aims to create modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- The primary objectives of the scheme are:
- Creation of modern infrastructure for food processing mega food parks/ clusters and individual units
- To create effective backward and forward linkages – linking farmers, processors and markets
- To create robust supply chain infrastructure for perishables
Seven component schemes under PMKSY:
- Mega Food Parks.
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure.
- Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Clusters.
- Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages.
- Creation/Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities.
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure.
- Human Resources and Institutions.
Source: All India Radio