All About the constitutional impasse in Tamil Nadu
D.D. Basu says in his Shorter Constitution of India :
- “If the Governor allocates the functions of the Chief Minister, under Art.166(3), to some other Minister during the temporary absence (say, illness) of the Chief Minister, the functions of the Chief Minister under the Constitution can be discharged by that other Minister.
- To preside over meetings of the Council of Ministers;
- To communicate to the Governor the decisions of the Council of Ministers under Art.167(a);
- To advise dissolution of the Legislative Assembly under Art.174(2)(b).
- ” It is often said that the Constitution is wisely silent on some aspects, so that constitutional functionaries are not unduly constrained by mere words and may act effectively to deal with a variety of emergent situations.
Source: The Hindu